Saturday, January 29, 2005

Responsibility

Fuhh, what a busy week. I won’t have my weekend this week..uwaawaaa. Since we are going to organize Seminar and Exhibition on 31 January, being in the committee will keep myself busy all the way till the event. So tomorrow and Sunday I will be in the university to run the errand.

This is all about responsibility and being responsible. I guess each and every one of us should accomplish whatever task given and agreed on. Infact in Islam, responsibility for both men and women is a well-developed theme in the Quran.

The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say "I." And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say "I." They don't think "I." They think "we"; they think "team." They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but "we" gets the credit…. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done.
Peter Drucker

You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
Abraham Lincoln

You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.
Jim Rohn

No comments: