Friday, October 07, 2005

"infant-mother bonding"

Yesterday, was the first day my sister went to work after 60 days maternity leave. My brother in law only entitle for 7 days paternity leaves right after the baby was born. Actually this is their second child but the first one, passed away after about 18 hours see this world. So it is understood how precious this second baby is. It is not only for them but also for us. My sister is the only one whom already married, the rest of us still single mingle… so this is the first grandchild for my parents. The baby is so cute; all of us missed him a lot. Yesterday, my sister sends him to her in laws with her maid. The week after next will be our turn. And my sister cried after send him. She missed him only after a few minutes. So, my sister went back early yesterday.Her office is not far from mine and both of us have no lectures, so I drove him to her in laws to see her baby. This is what is called "infant-mother bonding." When a mother and a child are bonded, the child prefers the mother over all other human beings, constantly seeks contact with her, experiences significant joy in her company, and distress when even momentarily separated from her.

No comments: