Sunday, March 20, 2005

Kitchen

There is a clichéd expression, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. But how to go about woman? I guess it should be the same...let go back to basics....its all about food and you never been wrong. Some people say it should be roses or presents, but some people believe it not always that way.

According to my counsellor sister, what woman need at this age of equality is understanding and also a man who's willing to share the household chores with his wife. My sister said that she's feel flatted when she saw her man in the kitchen (pssst sis, sushi ring the bell?).

I used to be a skillful man in the kitchen. But unfortunately my skill in the kitchen is deteriorating. Being away from home, teached me how to be independent in the kitchen. This is also what we call survival. About 5 years abroad, I need to prepare Malaysian diet for myself. Day to day experience make me good in the kitchen. But now, I was pampered by a woman call mum. Hehehhehe...my beloved mum! Her food is always the best! I can not resist it. That’s her secret to tie my dad for more than 30 years in the marriage I guess. My dad is a conservative but yet very helpful with other thing. He doesn't know how to cook at all. But he will help for example grind the coconut if my mum needs it.

But it's a healthy phenomenon where lots of man knows how to cook. The new age guys have gone the length of pampering their spouse with breakfast on bed (yuck...common on...ladies need to brush their teeth in the morning before breakfast..heheheh). As a matter of fact, work together is always a good thing.

1 comment:

ManaL said...

ritchie....hmm...the only ritchie i knew since alevel is ritchie taylor, ex 13G, and satu klas chem eng NCUK...are u the same person or not...sorry...and kalau ritchie taylor, he was christian before....boleh email me later ace_mi76@yahoo.com

Thanks