Sunday, February 27, 2005

Seeking Knowledge

Life seems pretty occupied lately. But I cherished every moment that I had.

I met my uncle last night. He's talking about his plan to do his doctorate in September. I salute him for his ‘go-getting’ attitude. But at the age of 53, I just wonder what he has in mind. Even I know that study is just like forever and age doesn't matter at all, but he doesn't have to go through all the hassle and crack his head which full of white hair. He has everything in his life. But when I keep thinking about it, I made my own conclusion. It is all about satisfaction. Peoples will do whatever that makes them happy. Happiness is kind of great motivation that forces them to achieve their dreams.

When I was in UK, I saw lots of old generation back to university. I still remember, I talked to a retired man who decided to go back to university. I asked him, what is the reason for doing the PhD at his age and he told me it just for fun, to kill the boredom. He mentioned that his kids whom are all grown up and away. It leaves only him and his wife at home. So, instead of doing nothing, he decided to study.

Umm…I’m very keen to further my study but its just all about time and opportunity. InsyaAllah, its always the first priority in my life at the moment.


Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.
- El-Malik el-Shabbaz (M

No comments: