Tuesday, February 01, 2005

tenualosa toil

Emm…today is Tuesday; just follow the normal rhythm ( for this semester)…finished lecture at 6 pm. So just got back and now try to relax for a while by writing my blog. Emm, smell good from the kitchen, my mum prepared for dinner and I’m busy in front of the computer. What a good son…!!!! (guy should be at the kitchen as well…huhuhhhu).

Whoa, my mum fried my favourite clupeid fish, Ikan terubuk (the very Sarawak fish ..hehehe). Ikan terubok is a very famous here in Sarawak. In fact last night at the dinner with the guests from Semanjung, they told me that they had arranged a trip to Satok to buy Ikan terubok masin. Thats the best thing to be brought back.


Anyway, Ikan terubuk or known as tenualosa toil is considered as the economic and cultured fish in Sarawak. Before, this species can be found in a large number in Sarawak estuaries. But the concern is that the scenario had changed because it is currently undergone a dramatic decline. I cannot imagine that I wouldn’t find any ikan terubuk in the market one day!!!!

4 comments:

mizzwanda said...

heh ya nowadays guy shld knw how to cook at least...masak la nasi ka..heh

yum2..ikan trubuk sedap tapi byk tulang deng! heh
apa lagi ah yg best kat s'wak cikgu..?tell us more

crvbola said...

yea..i can masak air very well maa..hahahha. Yea lots of tulang, but it test your patience..lol

nesloice said...

me, I prefer ikan patin, the very 'Pahang' fish, heheheh.

yeah, all the polution to the water reservoirs, lakes and rivers has affected the fish population in a great extend, so much so that it is a very sad reality that we might not have any more terubuk and patin in the market in 10 years time if the decline continue it's current pattern. someone needs to take serious action, now....

crvbola said...

Huh..ikan patin....very the pahang hehehe. U know, i dun eat patin. Coz according to my great grandparent, our descendent are not allowed to eat this fish coz of imprecation, kind of curse. If we do, we will be blind......Well..i'm not buying it but i just don't eat patin. There is a lot of other fish available...right!